Dentist in Charleston, SC describes the best cosmetic dental treatment for imperfect teeth
Charleston, SC patients seeking a dental practice that provides cosmetic treatment for the smile should look no further than the dedicated team of professionals at Mouth Carolina Dentistry! Dr. Andrew Greenberg and his staff provide cosmetic care for patients who are dealing with imperfections of the natural teeth. When problems arise, such as breakage, permanent staining, or even gaps between teeth, patients can find effective and affordable solutions at our practice.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Patients who want to make aesthetic changes to their smiles will want to work with a dentist who provides cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry is best described as a field of dental work in which patients can address imperfections of the smile that are making them feel self-conscious about their appearance when they laugh, smile, and speak with others. These imperfections can have an impact on one’s self-esteem, so we encourage individuals to take the time to learn about ways to enhance the appearance of the smile in a natural and affordable manner.
What are common issues with the natural teeth?
Common complaints we see which can benefit from cosmetic treatment include:
- Permanently stained teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Teeth that are broken or chipped
- Unusually shaped teeth
- Misaligned teeth
Solutions for imperfect teeth
Dr. Andrew Greenberg may suggest one of the following treatments for patients who have imperfections on the teeth that they want to address with cosmetic dentistry treatments:
- Porcelain veneers – porcelain veneers are one of the most popular options for our patients who want to address imperfect teeth. The front teeth are the most visible when patients interact with others. Porcelain veneers are specialized facings that are fabricated to match the existing teeth and are bonded onto the front teeth to cover problem areas. They are known for lasting many years with proper care, making them a wonderful investment for many patients who are ready to see a more beautiful smile in the mirror!
- Professional teeth whitening – when patients are struggling with the color of their teeth, they may be able to find a solution for their dull and discolored smile. Dr. Andrew Greenberg and his staff provide professional teeth whitening solutions for patients to consider when it comes to addressing unwanted yellowing or darkening. Professional teeth whitening is a far better solution than over-the-counter options as these medical-grade bleaching products provide faster, more brilliant results than anything available at the drug store.
- Composite resin bonding – a fast and affordable solution for most dental imperfections is composite resin bonding, sometimes referred to as dental bonding. Composite resin bonding is a special resin material that is applied to the tooth and shaped in place to cover the problem area. It is filed down and polished, and when complete, looks just like natural tooth enamel. While this is a same-day option for many patients, composite resin bonding does not last nearly as long as porcelain veneers, and is susceptible to staining. Patients may consider composite resin bonding until they are ready for a more permanent solution like porcelain veneers.
Which treatment is right for me?
It is best to speak with a dental professional to determine which of the above services will be most effective in the treatment of your specific concerns. An evaluation can be performed by our team, and Dr. Andrew Greenberg may provide more than one option for a patient to choose from. Patients love having the ability to learn about the treatment solutions that are available to them and having the ability to make an educated decision as to which they should pursue. We talk to patients about the pros and cons of each treatment so that they feel comfortable in making a knowledge choice when faced with various options.
Book a visit to learn about cosmetic solutions for the smile!
At Mouth Carolina Dentistry, Dr. Andrew Greenberg and the staff in Charleston, SC are here to offer solutions for a number of different dental concerns, including treatment for imperfections of the natural smile. Contact the team today by calling (843)751 4262 and visit the office located at 3 Gamecock Avenue, Suite #302 for more information regarding veneers, professional teeth whitening, and composite resin bonding as solutions for imperfect teeth!