What is the purpose of cosmetic dental services for Charleston, SC area patients?
Cosmetic dental services are commonly performed by Dr. Andrew Greenberg of Charleston, SC. These treatments are used in achieving a more attractive smile by addressing areas of imperfections that can be problematic for patients. The purpose of these treatments is often strictly aesthetic, while many times, restorative procedures done at Mouth Carolina Dentistry, PA are also focused on the appearance of the new restoration as well as how it restores the function and health of the smile.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry, sometimes known as aesthetic dentistry, is dental work that is used primarily for enhancing the smile. There are many imperfections that can arise over time and affect the appearance of the smile. This is when cosmetic dentistry comes into play. Patients may seek cosmetic dentistry when they are dealing with teeth that are:
Patients who have imperfections of the smile they want to address are welcome to request a consultation visit with Dr. Andrew Greenberg and the staff at Mouth Carolina Dentistry, PA to learn more about cosmetic dental services that achieve aesthetic enhancement.
Request an Appointment
What services are available?
At Mouth Carolina Dentistry, PA, we are pleased to offer a wide selection of services to patients who are interested in smile enhancement. They include:
- Dental crowns – crowns or “caps” are porcelain restorations made to cover natural teeth and act as another layer of protection against damage. They are often made to cover dental implants to replace teeth or to bond over the top of teeth that are broken or have a large cavity.
- Composite resin bonding – many imperfections can be easily covered with composite resin bonding, a material that is molded onto the tooth, shaped in place, hardened, filed down, and polished by the dentist. Composite resin bonding can be used in a comparable way to porcelain veneers.
- Take-home teeth whitening – take-home whitening trays are an effective way for patients to achieve a brighter smile without having to undergo invasive treatments in the office such as “power bleaching,” which often results in sensitivity and short-term results.
- Porcelain veneers – the anterior or front teeth that have imperfections can be covered with the use of ceramic restorations called porcelain veneers. These are custom-made to match the color, shape, and size of the existing teeth to ensure seamless integration with the smile.
- Dental implant restoration – when patients have a dental implant placed to address tooth loss, they can visit Dr. Andrew Greenberg for their final restorations. This may include dental crowns, dental bridges, and dentures.
- Tooth-colored fillings – instead of using silver amalgam to place dental fillings when cavities develop, we encourage patients to ask about our tooth-colored fillings. They use composite resin, but blend into the natural tooth enamel and eliminate the unsightly appearance of dark gray restorations used in the past.
Developing a treatment plan
Many patients ask Dr. Andrew Greenberg, which procedures are right for them. Cosmetic dentistry procedures and needs vary from patient to patient. This is why we encourage patients to request a consultation with our staff to discuss their problem areas and work with our team to develop a treatment plan that is specific to their needs. We want patients to know that we do not treat them as a number, and their dental concerns are unique to them. This is why we welcome patients into our practice to develop treatment plans that are focused on their desires and provide them with a timeline and a plan for how to achieve the look they want for their smiles.
Schedule time to speak with Dr. Andrew Greenberg about cosmetic dental services in Charleston, SC
Contact the team at Mouth Carolina Dentistry, PA to find out if you are a candidate for cosmetic services available in our practice. Call (843)751 4262 today and request an appointment at the office, conveniently located at 3 Gamecock Avenue, Suite 302. Our practice proudly accepts new patients in the community and surrounding areas.
Mouth Carolina Dentistry, PA - Dr. Andrew Greenberg
Dr. Andrew Greenberg completed his Bachelor’s Degree in New Orleans, Louisiana at Tulane University. He graduated from the Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine in 2009, where he portrayed excellent academic performance. He exercises his academic brilliance to the benefit of his patients every day. He grew up in a family with a dental background and showed interest in the field since his early days.