Why Implants are a Great Choice for Seniors
Age causes greater wear and tear on your teeth, which is why seniors often need restorative dental treatments. Tooth loss is a common problem with seniors that often goes uncorrected for years. We offer dental implant surgery at Mouth Carolina Dentistry, Charleston, South Carolina, to resolve tooth loss issues. Implants are excellent for seniors who want a permanent solution to restoring their smile and tooth functionality. Read on to learn more about the procedure and the required recovery time.
Modern Dental Implants for Seniors
With modern implants, you get more from your restorative treatment, as implants replace both your tooth and tooth root to give you secure, stable replacement teeth.
The implant is a titanium rod that Dr. Andrew Greenberg will surgically imbed into your jawbone to act as a tooth root. This rod will gradually integrate into your bone system to support your replacement teeth. The dental implant surgery recovery time may take three to six months. Once the implant has healed, Dr. Greenberg will attach an abutment (connector) on top to hold a dental crown, implant-supported bridge, or implant-supported dentures as replacement teeth. Your prosthetics will be custom-fitted for your use to provide optimal comfort, performance, and appearance.
Benefits of Choosing Implants as Replacement Teeth
Longevity is one of the greatest benefits of implants, as they can provide you with a lifetime of quality use. Additional benefits include:
- Greater stability, as your prosthetics are firmly attached to the implant and won’t slip, shift or fall out when in use
- Strength and durability, so you can bite and chew all kinds of foods
- An attractive appearance that closely resembles that of your natural teeth
- Versatility in replacing one tooth, several teeth, or all of your teeth, if necessary
- Improved oral health as implants keep natural teeth from shifting, preserve your bite, prevent bone loss and facilitate brushing and flossing to prevent cavities and gum disease
- Easy maintenance and care in the form of regular brushing, flossing, and dental cleaning
Request an Appointment
To learn more about our dental implant treatments, contact Mouth Carolina Dentistry in Charleston, SC, at (843)751 4262.
Mouth Carolina Dentistry, PA - Dr. Andrew Greenberg
Dr. Andrew Greenberg completed his Bachelor’s Degree in New Orleans, Louisiana at Tulane University. He graduated from the Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine in 2009, where he portrayed excellent academic performance. He exercises his academic brilliance to the benefit of his patients every day. He grew up in a family with a dental background and showed interest in the field since his early days.